Sunday, December 13, 2009

The end is in sight...

A year and a half ago I set out on a journey. I wasn't sure then what it would all entail...I didn't know how I would change...I just knew it was what I needed to do. The Lord had so impressed it on me that I couldn't not do it, despite the worries, questions and unknowns. I have a great deal to process once I actually have the time to process, but what I can say now is it has been one of the most incredible and life-changing seasons in my life. What's funny is I still have worries, questions and unknowns...they are just now about different things. One of my favorite things about life and about our journey with the Lord is the hope of change, that we are not stuck being who we have always been. And how fitting to be going into a profession that embodies that very hope. I consider it such an honor and privilege to be able to offer people the hope that I have experienced, hope that has changed me and made me who I am. How great that our hope has a name. Jesus. Immanuel. God with us.

Matthew 1:23, "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."

No comments: